Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas in Chicago

If you read my page on the Christmas Anthology site, you'll know that one of my favorite parts of the holiday season is my annual trip to Chicago with my best friend.  Unfortunately, we weren't able to go this year as she's gone back to school and had work, family, and finals to deal with.

I was disappointed that we couldn't go this year, but since I'm so proud of her for going back to school I really can't complain.  Still, Christmas without a trip to Chicago seems incomplete, so instead my sister and I are heading there tonight and spending the weekend.

The weather here is a mess, so we'll be taking the train there and back, and won't have to deal with driving or parking.  I am beyond excited, and am looking forward to a weekend away with my sister, and the inspiration that only Chicago dressed for the holidays can bring.

In writing news, my original story is coming along well.  I'm at almost 30,000 words and am about two thirds of the way through.  Then comes the terrifying and thrilling prospect of seeing if anyone is interested in publishing it.  Once I get a bit more done, I'll post a small section of it here so you can see what I've been working on.

I've also been working on an outline for a follow-up to my Christmas Delights, Christmas Reunion story.  Eric and Dillon are clamoring for me to share more of their story. ;)

I hope you'll all have a wonderful and safe holiday season.  Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment